The @trxtraining Superman is a high level core exercise as long as you avoid common mistakes. One common mistake is letting the arms cheat to beyond a wide Y position towards a T position. This is will put unwanted stress on the shoulder joint and surrounding structures. The key here is to bring the arms up into a tight Y position - just outside shoulder-width. Keep the core engaged and avoid any arch or hanging on the low back. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 3 repetitions each with a 5-15 second hold. You can work up to the holds by doing repetitions without holds.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? SIGN UP NOW TO GET THE LATEST TIPS AND ADVICE
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Podcast http://www.tdathletesedge.com/podcast
• Website http://www.tdathletesedge.com