Last week on my Instagram Story I talked about the importance of doing the right stretches for your tight hips AND adding strengthening to your tight hips. Here is a video of 3 great stretches for your tight hip flexors. Do this routine after sitting for long periods or before activity.
1. Half Kneel Wall Stretch w/ Cross Body Reach: Keep your low back flat. Shoot for 1-3 holds of 45 seconds.
2. Long-Step Hip Stretch w/ Opener: Keep the back leg straight. Shoot for 1-3 sets of 8-15 openers per side.
3. Reverse Lunge w/ Cross-Body Reach: Avoid arching through your low back. Shoot for 1-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions on each side.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? SIGN UP NOW TO GET THE LATEST TIPS AND ADVICE
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Podcast http://www.tdathletesedge.com/podcast
• Website http://www.tdathletesedge.com