Last week on my Instagram Story I talked about the importance of doing the right stretches for your tight hips AND adding strengthening to your tight hips. Here is a video of 3 great strength exercises for your tight hip flexors. Tightness can stem from weakness. Do this routine after sitting for long periods or before activity.
1. Supine Hip Flexion-Extension: Keep your low back flat and reach full extension of the moving leg. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 6-12 repetitions.
2. 1-Leg Mountain Climber: Push the floor away from your chest. Keep the low back flat and go slow. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 6-12 repetitions on each side.
3. Mini-Band Wall Supported Hip Flexion Iso: Push the wall away from your chest. Keep the knee on the stance leg straight. Use a light band. Shoot for 1-3 sets of 1-5 holds for 5-15 seconds each.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? SIGN UP NOW TO GET THE LATEST TIPS AND ADVICE
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Podcast http://www.tdathletesedge.com/podcast
• Website http://www.tdathletesedge.com