Quick no-equipment-needed hip warm-up. Sometimes we get carried away with warm-ups but you can't ignore them either. Here's a 3 exercise hip warm-up that will get your hips moving and fired up.
1️⃣ Warrior Hip Stretch: This movement targets mobility of your inner thigh muscles. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 12-20 repetitions.
2️⃣ Long-Step Reach Under & Open: This movement targets your hips, upper body and core. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 12-20 repetitions.
3️⃣ 1-Leg Squat Iso with Toe Tap: This exercise targets your glutes and quads. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 15-30 toe taps.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? SIGN UP NOW TO GET THE LATEST TIPS AND ADVICE
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Podcast http://www.tdathletesedge.com/podcast
• Website http://www.tdathletesedge.com