Lower body day slump buster: Use this 4 exercise lower body workout to spice up your leg day or keep you from choosing to skip leg day.
1. Nordic Hamstring Curl: This exercise targets your hamstrings and low back. Use partner or reinforced box for your lower legs in the setup. Squeeze glutes tight and avoid significant arching through the low back. Lower as slowly as you can for as far as you can. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 4-12 repetitions. This one can be a real biscuit-burner so be sure to start low reps and sets.
2. KB Slider Lateral Squat w/ Press: This exercise targets your other hamstrings - your adductors (inner thigh). It also challenges your glutes in a lateral format. Sit your butt down and back as if your sitting in a chair on one side. Keep your knee straight on the dynamic/slide leg. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 4-12 repetitions.
3. KB Farmer Carry: This exercise targets your core. Grip tight, keep your chest forward and push the ground behind you with each step. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 20-60 yards.
4. KB 1-Arm Front Rack Curtsy Squat: This exercise targets your lateral glute/hip muscles and core. Keep your wrist in a neutral position while holding the kettlebell. Sit straight down after your reach the stepping leg diagonally behind you. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 4-12 repetitions.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? SIGN UP NOW TO GET THE LATEST TIPS AND ADVICE
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Podcast http://www.tdathletesedge.com/podcast
• Website http://www.tdathletesedge.com