Try these 3 muscle building keys if you’ve chased your muscle gain goal unsuccessfully:
1. LIFT HEAVY THINGS REGULARLY: 3-5 days per week of resistance training is necessary to trigger muscle gain. Always prioritize form and consistency here.
2. EAT MORE PROTEIN: Find your protein sweet spot. Everyone is different but .7-.8g of protein per pound you weigh per day is a good place to start. Some people might need more and some people might be able to get away with less. Eating more healthy calories in general is going to help.
3. SLEEP: You need to prioritize sleep if you’re serious about muscle gain. Sleep provides recovery time for your muscles to repair and grow stronger/bigger. Don’t give me some BS line about how you don’t need sleep. You do need sleep like all other humans and so do your growing muscles
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? SIGN UP NOW TO GET THE LATEST TIPS AND ADVICE
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Podcast http://www.tdathletesedge.com/podcast
• Website http://www.tdathletesedge.com