This exercise is a great way to work on range of motion and mobility of your ankle joint. It targets your ankle joint, your calf/achilles complex, your core and even your shoulders/upper body.
Press your chest all the way away from the floor. Engage your core as if you're about to take a punch. Control the heel raise and lower action slowly.
HOW TO USE:
Use this as a warm-up to any activity, in between bigger strength exercises or as a movement cool down before bed. Shoot for 1-3 sets of 8-15 repetitions.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? SIGN UP NOW TO GET THE LATEST TIPS AND ADVICE
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Podcast http://www.tdathletesedge.com/podcast
• Website http://www.tdathletesedge.com