HELLO WORLD! Edge Factor Radio, powered by TD Athletes Edge has officially released its first podcasts!
Our objective with this podcast is to present you with simple and effective lifestyle changes that will help you optimize your daily physical performance.
We base the show on the "aggregate of marginal gains" approach where in order to achieve great results, one makes numerous small changes.
I am your host, Scott DiFrancesco, and alongside my brother Tim, we invite experts on a variety of topics related to our three pillars of fitness - nutrition, training, and recovery.
We have released our first 5 episodes in one batch because we want you to start with a small library of episodes to choose from until we get into our weekly-release routine.
In the first two episodes (links below), Tim & I introduce ourselves and tell you how we went from fat kids in Thetford, VT all the way to working with the Lakers and Yankees, respectively.
Episode 3: Dr. Cate Shanahan
For Episode 3, we were lucky to host our very first guest, Dr. Cate Shanahan: Board Certified Family Physician, LA Lakers' Science Consultant, and author of "Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food." In this episode we learn:
- the 4 pillars of the Human Diet
- why bone broth is SO good for you
- what TOXIC OILS you need to get out of your diet
- burning fat for fuel vs burning sugar for fuel
- and so, so much more
Dr. Cate’s links:
Buy the Book!: http://drcate.com/deep-nutrition-why-your-genes-need-traditional-food/
Episode 4: Steve Nash
In Episode 4, we are excited to welcome 2-time NBA MVP, 8-time NBA All-Star, and 7-time All-NBA selection, Mr. Steve Nash! In this episode, we discuss:
- how nutrition education has changed in the NBA
- how performance training methods have fluctuated from too simple, to too complex, and is finally arriving somewhere in the middle in the NBA
- why it’s so CRUCIAL to play a variety of sports as a youngster
- how Steve learned maintaining MOBILITY is critical for not only athletes, but human beings
- how important it is for any athlete to be inquisitive, self-aware, and mindful of their body, recovery, and movement patterns
Follow us and subscribe where ever you get your podcasts!
Nourish properly, train better, recover faster. Perform optimally.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Scott DiFrancesco ATC, CSCS, SASTM spent 6 seasons as a Minor League Head Athletic Trainer in the New York Yankees organization, finishing in Double-A with the Trenton Thunder. His most proud accomplishment as a Yankee was being a member of the 2013 Eastern League Champions - Trenton Thunder. He is renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts. Scott begins his pursuit of becoming an Osteopathic Physician in August of 2017 at NYIT in Old Westbury, NY.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Podcast http://www.tdathletesedge.com/podcast