The supplement aisle shouldn't be the first place you turn for vitamin D3. It's easy to get carried away with vitamin D3 supplementation. Try these 3 sources first:
1) EGGS 🍳: Go for the whole eggs. The yolks contain a healthy dose of vitamin D3. Eggs from pastured chickens that roam outdoors on grass are especially packed with D3.
2) FISH 🐟: Salmon, mackerel and sardines are excellent sources of vitamin D3. Choose wild caught when available for the best quality and highest nutrient intensity.
3) SUNSHINE ☀️: 20-30 minutes of direct sunlight each day is so good for so many reasons. It's converted to vitamin D3 by your body for starters. Sunlight during the day is also key for cementing ideal sleep patterns.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com