Total body workout to target your core, shoulders, chest and hips:
1. Medicine Ball Chop & Stop: This exercise targets your core and shoulders. It challenges your core to stay stable as the explosive movement of the arms occurs. Keep your body still outside of your arms. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 6-12 repetitions.
2. 2KB Front Squat: This exercise targets your hips and core. Keep your chest facing front and avoid letting your toes spin out significantly. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 4-12 repetitions.
3. Band Resisted Push-Up: This exercise targets your arms, chest and core. Keep the elbows from flaring past 45 degrees away from your body. Squeeze your glutes and core during the repetitions. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 6-12 repetitions.
4. KB Half Kneel 1-Arm Bottom-Up Press: This exercise targets your core and shoulders. Keep your knuckles facing the ceiling on the KB side. Avoid arching through the low back as you press. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 6-12 repetitions.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com