Take a break from that hunched position at your desk and move your hips and shoulders:
BENEFITS: This exercise targets your shoulder, chest, upper back and hip mobility. This is key for healthy hips, shoulders and posture.
COACHING KEYS: Keep your back leg straight, press the floor away from your chest and follow your thumb with your eyes.
HOW TO USE: Use this exercise as a warm-up, between hours at your computer or after/before a long flight. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 10-20 repetitions.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com