Strengthen your upper back, shoulders and posture with this @trxtraining Eccentric-Y w/ Row exercise.
BENEFITS: This exercise targets your upper back and shoulders. It will help you to develop the muscles that are important for a strong posture.
COACHING KEYS: Keep your core short by imagining you are about to take a punch to the stomach. This will help you to avoid an arch through your low back in the Y position. Avoid shoulder shrug.
HOW TO USE: Use this exercise as a warm-up during your upper body days or as an exercise in your total body lift. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 4-12 repetitions.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com