Fight off upper back stiffness and posture issues with the Thoracic Spine Prayer:
BENEFITS: This exercise targets mobility in your upper back and spine. It’s also a sneaky way to work on hip mobility.
COACHING KEYS: Press the ground away through your forearm on the ground. Follow your elbow with your eyes as you open up toward the ceiling. Keep your butt back to your heels.
HOW TO USE: Use this exercise between bouts at the computer, after/before long flights or in your warm-up to upper body day. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 5-15 repetitions.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com