Your knees, hips and back can suffer if you're not taking care of your ankles and feet. Here are 3 easy strategies for maintaining quality motion in your ankles and feet:
1. 👣 Tip-Toe Walks: Try walking on your tip-toes a few times per day to strengthen your feet/ankles. Strong feet/ankles move better.
2. 👣 Walk Barefoot: Make a point to walk barefoot around the house a few times per day. This will expose your feet to different surfaces, promote better motion and strengthen the small muscles of your feet.
3. 👣 Utilize Massage Tools: Use golf, lacrosse or tennis balls to roll the bottoms of your feet and stretch out your toes. This will help you keep good tissue quality.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com