This exercise is great if you need a new challenge in your core training or if you’re trying to get rid of some lingering groin discomfort.
BENEFITS: This exercise targets your core and groin/adductor muscles. It challenges your core to stay stable while your hips do work.
COACHING KEYS: Keep your rib cage and hips away from the floor and imagine taking a karate chop to the stomach.
HOW TO USE: Use this in a core focus workout or paired with a grip dominant exercise like a pull-up. Shoot for 2-4 holds of 10-30 seconds per side.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com