Meal Prep Tip: Take the thinking out of your menu so you don't end up ordering takeout. The moment when you have to stop and plan out a menu from scratch is often the moment where the wheels fall off of healthy meal intentions. Different kinds of frozen veggies, canned beans, and 1-2lb packages of frozen ground meat are great to have on hand. This way you can mix and match items to avoid menu boredom without having to think about it ahead of time.
Pictured is frozen peas, ground turkey, canned pinto beans, and frozen squash.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com