1. DB Transverse Row (3x10 each) - Targets upper back and core. Key is keeping the chest and upper back away from the bench.
2. Physio Ball Push-Pull (3x10) - Targets core. Key is to keep low back flat and chest away from the ball.
3. DB Single Leg Deadlift Iso (3x8 each) - Targets hamstring and hips/glutes along with balance. Key is to avoid arched lower back during kick back phase.
4. Plyometric Push-Up (3x10) - Targets upper body/chest. Key is to go slow on the way down and explode up out. Keep glutes and core tight/still so entire body moves bed as one piece.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS is the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com