Add the Lateral Kneeling Pallof Press to your workout repertoire:
Benefits: This exercise will help you to improve core strength and hip mobility. Your core is challenged to hold against the lateral pull of the band. You also get groin/hip mobility work on the side of the extended leg.
Keys: Keep extended knee straight. Avoid allowing the low back to go into an arched position during butt to heel motion.
How to use: Use as a warm-up/superset on lower body day or as a core exercise in any workout. Shoot for 2-4 sets of 10-20 repetitions.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS is the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com