Recovery, flexibility, and mobility strategies should allow you to get more strength work, not overshadow it. I see a ton of emphasis bordering on obsession with recovery, flexibility, and mobility at the expense of requisite strength work. As @ericcressey says "Don't spend too much time changing the oil on a car with no engine." #strength #todaystwocents
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS is the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com