"Bored of eggs for breakfast? Here's a great alternative that will supercharge you for the day!
- 1/2 Cup plain pastured yogurt
- 1/4 Cup frozen wild blueberries (defrosted)
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened organic flaked coconut
- 1 chopped Biosteel Blueberry Nutritional Bar
Combine ingredients in a bowl and enjoy! There's ample protein for muscle growth/recovery from the yogurt and the Blueberry Biosteel Bar, a strong dose of healing/inflammation fighting antioxidants from the blueberries, and the right amount of healthy fats for lasting energy in the coconut. Given the fact that it's a cornucopia of performance nutrients, this is also a perfect post-workout option.
Like what you read?
Sign up now to get the latest tips and advice
Tim DiFrancesco, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS spent 6 seasons as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and is the founder of TD Athletes Edge. He is nationally renowned for his evidence-based and scientific approach to fitness, training, nutrition, and recovery for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
For training and nutrition advice, follow us on:
• Twitter http://twitter.com/tdathletesedge
• Facebook http://www.facebook.com/tdathletesedge
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tdathletesedge
• YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/tdifranc1
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow our blog at http://www.tdathletesedge.com